Please consult knowledge base article #13, Enabling Supplemental Language Support in Windows XP, before proceeding with the steps below.
Step 1 [Add Input Language Service/Keyboard]
- Open your Windows XP Control Panel. This can be found in your Start Menu.
- Click "Date, Time, Language and Regional Options"
- Click "Regional and Language Options". A new window will appear.
- From the Regional and Language Options Window, click on the "Languages Tab"
- Click the "Details..." button under "Text services and input languages". A new window will appear.
- Under the "Settings" tab in the "Text Services and Input Languages" window that just popped up, you will see a region titled "Installed services" indicating the keyboards / language input services installed on your system. Click the "Add..." button to add a new keyboard/language service. A new window will appear.
- Under the "Add Input Language" window that just appeared, select the input language you wish to use, and the keyboard layout style. Click the "OK" button. The window will disappear.
- Click the "OK" button in the "Text Services and Input Languages" window.
- Click the "OK" button in the "Regional and Language Options" window.
Step 2 [Select Language]
- The language bar should now be accessible from your Windows Task Bar.
- Select the language that you would like to input text with, or use the Left-Alt+Shift keyboard combination to switch between input languages.